Noosa Main Beach is patrolled 365 days a year and is one of very few north facing beaches in Australia, offering much calmer, swimming friendly waves much of the year. It’s perfect for families and the water is often so clear you can see the abundance of marine life swimming below.
At the heart of Noosa Heads is Hastings Street, a relaxed, pedestrian-friendly, beachside thoroughfare that is a haven for visitors who flock here to enjoy the famous eat street which includes cosmopolitan cafes, designer shops and alfresco dining amongst a relaxed atmosphere.
Things to do:
- Enjoy breakfast or lunch overlooking the beach
- Feel the white sand in between your toes then swim between the flags in the protected clear waters of Noosa Main Beach
- Sit back with a cold beer at the surf club, right on Main Beach and watch the surfers in action at First Point
- Hire a surfboard and join them!
- Follow the boardwalk from Noosa Main Beach into Noosa National Park. Along the way look out across Laguna Bay for dolphins and whales, or spot a koala in the trees.
- Head to Noosa Woods (River end of Hastings St) – popular as a venue for outdoor concerts, barbecues, picnics and weddings.
- Not far from the beachfront resort atmosphere of Hastings Street, Noosa Junction is a relaxed shopping experience and a favourite spot for locals, with a range of dining and entertainment options, original boutiques, gift shops, homewares, jewellery, accessories and more
- Browse for holiday reading in bookshops, try on original and locally designed jewellery and accessories, or wander through commercial galleries.
- Treat yourself with some holiday shopping, then grab a coffee or a cocktail at one of the open air cafes or bars lining the street